babies

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Keeneland


So on Friday Keeneland opened. Jeff and I always enjoy a good day at the races. This time was even better because my brother came down from Toronto to go with us. and then group of my friends from work came too. The very first race I bet on, and it was my friend Julies first time betting on a race ever, we bet on number 8 because it was wearing pink and was named girljuswannahavfun. Well, we won 13.40 each. Then my friend Mel was cracking me up. She would pick her horses, go place a bet, sit down and find a horse who had the same birthday as her and go place another bet. Or you know, some such silly reason to bet on a horse. But she won $80. That's me, Mel and Julie to the right.

It's always fun to people watch at Keeneland, and this day did not dissapoint. There was this one college kid in salmon coloured pants with a blue pin-striped shirt and a pink tie. You just can't make this stuff up. My brother blogged about it too. You can read it if you click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww damn. I think I'm ready to return to Keeneland, but I'm not their, and you biatches are out winning 80 bucks and betting on girlsjustwannahave fun. Makes me miss you all so much. Am blad u had a good time. I bet on the hore who didn't get the lasix! Lots o' love from Holly