babies

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Bourbon

Yesterday I went to a few bourbon distilleries with Jeff and my brother. So first we went to Buffalo Trace because Jeff and I hadn't been there before. It was a nice little tour. They have some gardens with their buffalo mascot in it, which I included a picture of for your viewing plaesure. We got to go into the storage building and see all the barrels that are aging. And then we had a bourbon tasting. It was an alright tour.

Then we went out to Woodford Reserve. Unfortunately we missed their last tour. I've been on this tour before, and well I htink I prefer it actually. They take you into more areas fo the plant. You get to see the bourbon sit in the fermentors, and then you see the distilling process, and then the show you where they put it in the barrells, and then you go see their storage building, and then go for a tasting.

I'm not a big bourbon drinker, but I do like bourbon balls. It's chocolate with a bourbon flavoured filling, and a pecan on top. They are good. I wish I had taken a picture of one.

No comments: