I should mention that when my NDP candidate was here, he did talk about a bridging program between LPN's and RN's, but as a union guy and health employee, he said he didn't really know that it would work. It would be like taking from Peter and giving to Paul. There is a LPN shortage too. Also this wasn't really the party's platform, just something we discussed.
Now for the exciting news. I was at the Farmers Market this morning, and well premier Lorne Calvert was there. So I talked to him. I asked him if this bridging program does happen, what does the SRNA think about it? He asid he didn't know, that it was a good idea in theory, but that he didn't know if the SRNA would be ok with it or not. He would have to ask his health minister about it. He said the Healthcare system is so rigid, and that change happens very slowly there. Which is all true. I told him I didn't know who to vote for yet, that I wanted a minority government, but I didn't know what I thought about my SaskParty candidate, so I didn't know if I should vote NDP so that the SP guy doesn't win, or if I should vote Liberal in the hope there is a minority government. He said most people are voting very stratigically in this election, and thanked me for thinking about them.
Well that was nice.
And then a reporter from Edmonton interviewed me. He siad what was interesting about this election is that our province is in a state of prosperity right now, and the NDP may not get re-elected. And normally this would be a sure thing for them. So I talked a little bit about how people are a little impatient and they want change to happen faster. He asked why I wouldn't vote for the SaskParty and it's really that I am not a conservative. I never have like a conservative platform, and I don't like this one either.
So considering the polls, the Liberals may not get any seats, and that's a little worrisome for me.
No comments yet, and I want to know what everyone else is thinking!
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
well, why didnt u ask about seal hunting!! u have let me down!!
Well Melodie, this is the provincial election, not the Federal one, so the seal hunt question doesn't really apply:)
Hey Karen, have you been back long enough to be eligible to vote?
I too am not sure who to vote for.
Post a Comment