Ok, so when my family moved here from Illinois, we noticed that at the grocery stores you had to put a quarter into the shopping cart to unlock it, and then when you put it back in the shopping cart rack, you get your 25 cents back. Well then some stores upgraded so that now you need a whole dollar (a loonie) coin to get your shopping cart. I always thought this was kinda weird, but good incentive to return your shopping cart.
Well since Jeff and I have been in Kentucky, I have enjoyed the world of not having to keep loose change in your car to get a shopping cart. Now that I am back in Saskatoon, I am always scrounging for the appropriate coinage depending on what store I am at.
Last night Jeff and I went to Dairy Queen for a late night snack, and I was a dollar short, so I used the loonie from the glove box to pay for our treats.
This afternoon we went grocery shopping. So we pull into the lot and I exclaim "Oh no, I don't have any change for the shopping cart!". Jeff says, wait there is a loonie in the glove box. I said well no, remember we used it last night. Then Jeff looks up at the shopping carts and see's that the one on the end isn't locked up. Meaning that the loonie is still in it, and we can just take it. But there are other people going to get carts too. I yell at Jeff to go get the cart, he yells at me to get the re-usable grocery bags. So as Jeff goes running from the car I yell out the door, "You get the cart, I'll get the bags!!" Jeff ran up to the carts, and gets there just before some other guy and he got the free shopping cart. Phew! We only had 75 cents, so I don't know how we would have gotten a cart if we hadn't gotten the free one!
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment