babies

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Remembrance Day

So today is Remembrance Day in Canada. We've missed out on this the past few years. I can remember showing someone our wedding pictures in the states, and saying that a picture was taken in the Vimy Memorial. Well the look on his face, he had no idea Canada had been in World War I.
The Vimy Ridge Memorial in Saskatoon


Above is the Vimy Ridge Memorial to Canadian soldiers in France.
Today at church we had a moment of silence, and sang the national anthem. The veterans in the congregation all stood. There were 4 WWII vets there. It was a little moving.
In the paper yesterday there were quite a few in memoriums for WWI and II vets, but also some for Afghanistan. It makes it a little closer to home.

Here is a link to Canada's role in World War I and Canada's role in WWII





No comments: