babies

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Laundry

With a newborn it is a struggle to get household chores done. You have to schedule your chores around feeding's, and cuddles and diaper changes and fussy times. And then everyone thinks you should sleep every single time the baby does. And sometimes there just isn't any time.
So today my mom came by in between feeding's and I thought I would quickly get some work done. We went through all 5 of our 0-3 mo sleepers yesterday, so i really needed to get the baby laundry done first. And since we are on a tight schedule (get as much done before he starts screaming to eat again), I was rushing. I have a little pail in his room that I have water with washing soda nad borax in, and I throw any soiled clothes in it, and washcloths, so that the stains don't set. This is the first thing I take down, and I throw the whole thing in the washer and run a rinse cycle before washing it. So I'm rushing down the stairs, and I forget that the lid isn't water tight. And yes you guessed it, I spilled poop water all over me. YUCK!!!!!

1 comment:

Grandpa Steve said...

Oh, I can alomsot smell it way over here!