babies

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Coffee

A long time ago, like probably 10 or so years, I quit drinking coffee. I used to have coffee all day long. But it was hurting my little tummy, and what not. Also when I cut all caffiene out of my diet I lost like 10 pounds. Now since then I have gone through stages of having Tim Hortons french vanilla to stay awake during school. And then sometimes the odd Starbucks, especially at work. Since I got pregnant, I think I had Starbucks twice. I mostly drink tea, and it's been mostly decaf lately.
We don't even have a coffee maker.
Well since we have had Malcolm all that has changed. When I take Jeff to work, we stop at Tim Hortons to get him a large double double and muffin ($2.74), and then on the way home Malcolm and I stop at Starbucks to get mommy a Grande White Chocolate Mocha with Raspberry. This is costing us like $8 a day. And the days I sleep in and don't drive Jeff to work, I don't know what to do without my coffee.
So we decided it's time. I went out on Saturday, and called my sister from Starbucks. She used to work at a coffee shop and really is a bit of a coffee snob. I got all the info I needed over the phone, and bought a coffee grinder, coffee and a coffee press. My coffee this morning was WONDERFUL!! (P.S., I only drink it in the mornings, never after 11am. Don't want to be the reason Malcolm doesn't sleep at night)

Coffee grinder + whole coffee beans + Coffee press =
two happy parents.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

yummmmmmmy!!

Now you need an espresso maker! I would be in the poor house if Trav hadn't bought me one for my bday!

maethomas said...

Karen you are so funny. You do have a way with words. You can even make coffee interesting and I don't do coffee :)