babies

Friday, April 21, 2006

Hiking

Jeff and I went for a nice hike last weekend. We went to Indian Fort Mountain in Berea, Kentucky. It was a nice hike. It was about 3 miles to the top and back, and it was a very nice view from the top. We also took Bailey with us and his little legs did a very good job. We would stop every now and then to give him some water, but he would just jump right over the logs on the path, and climb rocks like they were nothing. We stopped at the top to have a little snack and Bailey took a little nap in the shade on a nice hard rock.



Here's something you will all appreciate. I was walking ahead of Jeff and I almost stepped on a snake. It was little so at first I tried to calm myself thinking that maybe it was a worm or centipede. Well then it started to move, and to me the grossest part of snakes is when they move. So then I started freaking out and of course Jeff is like "what, what, I don't see anything." So I had to point it out to him, then he takes his snake hook and starts moving it, and then he starts taking pictures. Meanwhile I'm holding the dog and I ran about 50 feet away and kept telling Jeff to move the snake away from me so we could keep going. It was gross. Then later on I heard a little rustling in the trees and I saw a little lizard climbing a tree. Once again, I have to point it out to Jeff. Why is it that all the things that I think are gross I see first and have to almost walk right up to and point at them before Jeff see's them? Jeff always asks me how I see these things first, well my answer to that is that I am observant, and well, Jeff. . . . isn't. And I wish it was the other way around because I don't like snakes and lizards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Boo! :D

Nice lookin husband you hunted down there. Do they have hockey in Kentucky??? ;)

j/k, had to live in Cincy for a while myself, I guess I have to play nice. How's life treating you there anyway? Haven't seen you in ages. I'm married here too. My wife's name is Karen. LOL

Seriously. I'm not kidding.

Drop me a line sometime, gotta catch up. I'm dragging a bunch of GC guys out into the woods to go camping in June (Nathan Randall, Ben Schmidtke, Jon Dargan, Dan Jones...etc, etc.)

Tony (numbski at hksilver dot net)