babies

Friday, October 02, 2009

I know, I know . . .

I've been a bad blogger lately. Sorry it's been so boring to look at my blog. I just find myself busy with other things right now, and I don't make the time to blog. I do make the time to read other people's blogs, and then when they don't blog I sure notice. So I guess it's time for me to update.
What's new in the world of Malcolm you may ask? Well we have our first tooth, on the bottom front. It took a little while, but it finally made an appearance about a week and a half ago. And judging by all the slobbering going on, we are well on our way to tooth number two. Which has been felt on the top, but went back down. We have also had our first real full cold. You may remember we had colds (Malcolm and I) back in July when Jeff was out of town. The bad thing about that cold was that we both got pink-eye. But the cold itself was manageable. This cold, not so much. We are talking full out snotty noses, cough's, sleepless nights. Malcolm is improving, but I have bronchitis now. But thank the good Lord above that Jeff was home this time.
September was vacation month for us. We started off with September Long weekend in Waskesiu. We stayed in a cabin, my dad and step-mom came and stayed in another cabin. Jeff and I were able to get away to do things like Canoe the Waskesiu River with no baby. And we went to my friend Sarah's wedding reception. It was a really nice relaxing weekend.


Then two weeks later we went to Waskesiu again for the Outter Limits Fun Run. It's a 5km run/walk or 10km run. My father in law has taken up running, and although I don't run a lot, I do walk a lot. So I started jogging just a bit. So I did a walk/jog on the 5k. Kevin did the first 5k with me, then ran the second 5k on his own. I did it in about 49 minutes. So I was pretty proud of myself. That weekend we went with Jeff's parents, and again just had a nice time.


That Sunday we came home and my brother was in town. For those of you who don't know, the New York Islanders were in town for training camp. And were hosting some pre-season games here. So they were playing against the Edmonton OIlers, and we went to that game. My dad, my brother, Jeff and I. It was a good time:)
Then the very next day, Jeff went to work, and my brother and I drove out to Clear Lake, Manitoba for a weeks long vacation. My dad and Chris drove in another car, and my sister and 2 nephews came up as well. My brother in law came on Wednesday and Jeff came on Thursday. Well we had a fabulous vacation. I taught my oldest nephew swimming lessons. We took him to see buffalo. We went into the little town often to play at the playground and on the beach. We went into Brandon to the airport museum for Indiana's birthday. I made Indiana a Lightening McQueen birthday cake. We took him canoeing for the first time. Gab, Chris and I got to have some quality time at the spa:) (no treatments, just floating around in the mineral pool, but whatever, it was still awesome). The guys went golfing one day. It was a very nice vacation:)
And the weather in September was wonderful! It was hot the whole time we were on vacation, and got cold the day we drove home. Now it is October, so I guess it's time I gave up thinking we could have more warm weather. But geez Louise were we lucky to have such nice weather for our vacations.
So you are now all caught up, and hopefully I don't go this long without blogging again:)

2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! The canoeing looks like fun... and that car cake looks tasty!!!

In answer to your question, that is my mom in the photo -- she looks pretty amazing for just having a my little sister just a few days earlier :)

maethomas said...

I see Jeff is still a Wildcat fan. It kinda just takes hold and don't let go.