So I'm pretty sad about the death of Heath Ledger. I really liked him as an actor. And in the interviews I saw with him, he seemed a really down to earth person. I really liked going to see movies he was in, although Brokeback Mountain was not my favorite.
But what I'm more upset about is the stupid press. My goodness, I turned on the TV a mere 2 1/2 hours after he was found, and CNN was doing a live broadcast that lasted like 3 hours, in which the had very very little fact to report. So what did they do instead? They speculated. They kept saying, this is not confirmed, but what if . . . They came up with some very imaginative and hurtful scenarios as to what happened. I mean come on, his family and friends don't need to turn on the tv and see that. And I sure hope they had the decency to make sure his family had been notified before splashing the news all over tv.
I remember when River Phoenix died. I was really upset about that one too. There was on paparazzi there when he died, and he didn't take any pictures. His friends thought he was crazy, but he said no, no one has a right to see that, it was horrible and it would be disrespectful to take pictures of someone dying like that. I've seen interviews with him since then, and he stands by that decision. I wish more people would be like that.
Now back to the current situation. I did expect to see some on the news last night, but it was ridiculous. Already they were advertising for the Today show to do a special this morning about what happened. You morons, WE DON"T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED YET. The autopsy is today. Stop speculating, let his family grieve in peace, and when you have some more FACTS to report, do a short story. A famous person is still just a person. They don't deserve to be treated like this in death.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment