babies

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Hockey

We're watching the game right now. And what a good game it is. I'm fairly indifferent to Ottawa, but they are a Canadian team that I will root for, unlike Calgary. I am an Edmonton fan, not a Calgary fan and that's the way it always will be. Anyway, I always thought the Ducks were a joke team named after a movie. I mean come on, the ducks? So of course I would root for the Senators.

WE have been hockey deprived while living down here. The games are on a cable channel you have to sign up for special, and I never know when the playoff games are. Do they advertise them, no. I've been reading all these articles on canoe.ca and canada.com about how the hockey rating in the US aren't as high this year. Well when there are no commercials, no reminders, then you don't know that the game is actually going to be on. And just like last year, NBC only shows the last couple games of the series. I really don't think the first two games were on NBC, I tried to figure out when they were on, and I couldn't find them. I finally found that NBC would show games 3-7. It drives me crazy. I miss CBC. I can't wait to be in the know again.


And while I'm at it, it really disappoints me when people in the media, like a certain Saskatoon radio personalities, say things like, well they lost the first two games, looks likes that's it for the Senators. You know, they are still in it, as they proved tonight, and maybe if people would back them up as Canada's team and not poo-poo them because historically if you loose the first two games you loose the series, well maybe they would play better knowing everyone is still behind them.

No comments: