babies

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My CNC



Well it has finally arrived. It being the CNC machine I have been dreaming of for quite a while now. The machine has arrived along with all the other parts needed to make it work. This "desktop" machine is three feet long, two feet wide, and two feet tall. The machine weighed over 100lbs before I started adding all the cables, motors and router. The router mounted on the machine is a Hitachi MV12. The machine has a working area of 14 inchs by 25 inchs by 5 inchs. Its not the biggest machine in the world, but it will do everything I need to do. This machine can cut a variaty of materials including aluminum with the proper set up. The machines main use for me will be cutting prototype electronic boards. At present I'm wiring up the stepper motors, encoders and other bits. I'm hoping the machine will be moving by this weekend. I still need to cut a MDF table top for the machine but I will worry about that once the wiring is done.

No comments: