
My Grandfather passed away on Sunday, he was 84. I was lucky enough to get there in time that Grandpa knew I was there and talked to me. I was also there when he passed, and it was very peaceful in the end.
The past week has been a bit of a blur. I have seen my entire family from that side, and we have spent many hours catching up with each other and sharing happy memories, and I think Gramps would be happy with that.
Some of my fondest memories from my childhood are from my grandparents farm. We spent a lot of time there while growing up. It was like one big playground. There were the horses, the barns, silo, the cellar, the chicken coop, the corn crib. And of course Garndma and Grandpa. Grandma would always make the best pies, and I hate meat loaf and roast, but I love my grandma's meatloaf and roast. My grandpa loved kids, he loved playing with us, and we loved playing with him. As we got older he loved to hear about our accomplishments. When he met Jeff I will never forget the look of pride on his face. He was so happy to meet the man I married. He also loved horses. Jeff and I would buy Grandpa coffee mugs and comemerative plates from the horse park and the Kentucky Derby Museum. They are still displayed proudly in the house.
So I'm sad, but I'm happy that I had such wonderful grandparents and that I had my Grandfather for so long. Keep checking back to this entry for new pictures as I download them.


This is my two cousins Nikki and Danielle when they were pregnant, and my Uncle Lou and Grandpa who are not pregnant.

2 comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.
Mae
Sorry for your family's loss. It's nice to have the great memories of time spent together.
Post a Comment