I'm sure you have all noticed how I have not been keeping up with blogging lately. Well we've been a bit busy. First Jeff's mom came down to visit for a week in May. It was fun, and Jeff's Aunt Trudy was in Louisville for a conference at the same time. So we went up to Louisville for a day, did some shopping and went to Churchill Downs (the race track). We bet on some horses and had a lot of fun. Then I worked for three nights.
And then Jeff and I went up to Champaign, Illinois for a weekend. This is where I grew up. It was nice to show Jeff around, and see a few friends. We went to my old church and I was surprised with how much it felt like home. On the way home we visited with some friends in Indianapolis and then went to Lake Monroe to meet up with some more friends and go in their boat. We saw John Mellencamps house from the lake, and I swam up to the beach and stole a rock. And then I worked for three nights.
Next we went to Brown County park in Indiana and met up with my Mom and her husband Dwayne. It was nice camping, nice shopping, very pretty. And it was Bailey's first camping trip. He did very well and slept in the tent with us. We were right next to Lake Monroe, so we went there again. Well this time when we went by John Mellencamps house there was a big tent set up and people everywhere. So we figured soemthing big was going on. After a few hours of watching, all the guys in the group wanted to leave. Well come to find out, if we had stayed there we would have heard Jon Bon Jovi play for Mellencamps daughters wedding, and Jon Bon Jovi even came down to the lakeshore to say hello to all the boaters. I was mad. And then I worked for 3 nights.
Then my Dad, his wife Chris and my brother Tim came down to visit for a weekend. We went to Churchill Downs again, saw some horse racing, bet on a race or two. We watched game 3 of the Stanley cup finals at my house. We did some shopping, went to the Kentucky Horse Park, and had a good time. Then I worked for 3 nights.
Then Jeff and I went to San Francisco for the ROBOGAMES. Jeff made two robots and everyone liked them very much. His robots were smarted and looked better, but they just weren't as strong. The competitors from Singapore but magnets on their robots to make them stronger and well Jeff just couldn't compete with that. We also drove across the Golden Gate Bridge, went to Sonoma Vally and some wineries, and drove around San Francisco.
Now we are home. I worked 2 nights, I have 2 off, and then I work 4, then we are going camping for Canada Day.
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment